Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #87

#87  Things Not to Say

If your kid is pregnant and looking at adoption as an option, please, for the love of all that is good and holy, do not do, well THIS...

We had heard of a girl who was pregnant at church because her mom was a friend of ours.  We thought nothing of it and never said anything to her or her daughter about the baby or adoption - it just wasn't our business.

One day we heard that she had delivered a healthy baby and it had been placed for adoption to a deserving couple.

Months later the mom came over and tearfully told me how they had fasted and prayed to know who to place the baby with.  She and her daughter "both knew that the baby was meant for (my husband and I)."  But they didn't want the child to be in the same city as they were so they placed it with so-and-so in another town.

I still wonder why she felt the need to tell me this.  We had never expressed any interest in adopting the baby, certainly had never talked to her her or anyone else about it.  It has been years and it still hurts me to think about it.  Someday it will be a funny story, right?


*Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!

No comments: