Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #86

#86  Who Needs Friends When You Have Ovaries Like These?



Is it weird that sometimes I think one of the BEST parts of having a baby would be getting my friends back?  Gosh, I feel like that statement alone should get me struck by lightening.

I don't want to lie so I won't say that I didn't cry when I scrolled through my Facebook feed last night and saw all the fun things my friends have been doing with their kids and the mom's of their kid's friends, who are also my friends.

Pumpkin patches, fall baking nights, football games, corn mazes, haunted houses, birthday dinners, movie nights.

I don't want to lie and say that I didn't feel forgotten as nary and invitation has made it's way to my inbox for these awesome autumn activities being discussed in the feed.

Sometimes I see pictures of one group of friends out with another group of friends and I wonder "how do they know each other?" It is because their kids are friends of course.  They see each other at school drop off and pick up.  They participate in primary together.  In some cases I introduced them.

I shouldn't really complain {but you know I'm gonna} because how hard is it to try and entertain your child/children and your friends at the same time?

It looks difficult to me. You've got one kid hanging on your neck yelling for a cupcake INTO YOUR MOUTH AS YOU TRY AND TALK, another kid is  throwing Legos off the top of the stairs at the dog all while you are trying to have "grown up time" with your friends.

It's like me trying to keep our sheepdog puppy on my lap so he will quit licking you while trying to keep the cat from scooting his butt across the carpet in-front of you.  Just kidding he never does that ;) all the while keeping up a good conversation.

I get it.  If your friends bring their kids (aka your kid's friends) then they run off and play together leaving you ample time to discuss the latest movies, the funny thing your spouse did and how you ever lived through those "Terrible Twos" and hopefully no one will be licked and nothing too embarrassing will happen.



I wonder what are some of the most embarrassing things your kids have done or said in-front of company?

*Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you are well aware of Samantha's announcing her anatomy to every adult who would listen. How many times did you hear her say "I have a vagina" while you were the nursery leader! Just a tad embarrassing =).