Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #79

#79  I Needed a Time OUT After Time Out For Women

I recently attended a weekend conference put on by publishers Deseret Books.  It is a yearly event that I look forward to.  Some of their best authors speak about topics relevant to women and mothers and they also have musicians from their label join the 2 day conference.

(All Dressed UP and ready for a great weekend of fun with some awesome friends!)

I have to say, I always find something to like about these weekends and this year was no different except for one little exception.

First, can I just say that I was privileged to hear Noelle Pikus-Pace the Olympic Silver Medalist speak?  She is an amazing athlete and her story is incredible - she got run-over by a bobsled prior to a previous Olympics and had compound fractures in her legs!



One speaker told of how she and her father, who was carrying the baby in a car seat, had to run for their lives from a skunk who was chasing them in the dark only to discover the scampering of little skunk feet was a cord she had been dragging behind her on the road.

A hilarious woman told of how she didn't get married until she was in her 40's and they called themselves "Oldly-weds."

So what's my beef you ask?

Well.
I.
Will.
Tell.
You.

A beautiful singer talked about her struggle trying to have a 4th child (that's right FOURTH) and tearily revealed that they suffered from secondary infertility.  I didn't think much about it until a friend leaned over and expressed how glad she was that I was here to listen to this and know I'm not alone.

Pshaw!  (It's a word right?)  Pshaw I say!

Well, that really got my hackles up.  How did this beautiful woman, with three beautiful children get the nerve to complain about infertility AT ME who has never been able to be pregnant or have a child amidst 14 years of wedded bliss? How is that the same?

Well.
I.
Will.
Tell.
You.

It is not the same. And I sat and stewed over that for the rest of the day.  That will show her!

When will I ever learn?


*Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!

No comments: