Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #71

# 71 Perks of Infertility



Let's face it, infertility blows!  Plain and simple, it is something that will turn your life upside down if you let it but despite my  *ahem* complaining there are some "perks" to being infertile.  Here is my top 10!

10. Sleep!  I am able to sleep as much as I want, even take a nap after work once in a while.  I know some new moms who would kill for as much sleep in a week as I sometimes get in one night.



9. Want to go to the beach?  A concert?  Shopping? I am your gal!  Without children to tend to I can pick up at the drop of a hat and be off and running.

8.  My car is usually always clean.  The down side is that if it is dirty everyone knows my husband did it I did it.

7.  We can watch a movie once and then put the DVD away...except Elf, The Runaway Bride and Grumpy Old Men - I play those on repeat like they are a Wiggle's Special or the new Disney DVD!

6.  Breasts:  Perky, not saggy.  I can honestly say I cannot hide a can of tuna under either of my breasts (you can thank my friend and mother of 4 for that lovely visual) ;)

5.  Hobbies.  I am able to fill my time spend my time doing hobbies and things I enjoy after work.

4.  When I clean the windows at home, they stay clean.




3. No one to keep track of at Costco, except the husband...I wonder if those monkey harnesses come in XL?



2.  Uninterrupted activities.  Take me out to the ball game, the theater, the orchestra and the play and we can sit an enjoy the whole enchilada - and then go out for enchiladas!

1.  No baby proofing!!  Left out the scissors?  That's okay!  (Don't forget to run with them!)  Love that pointy metal coffee table?  No prob-lame-o!  No need for child proof me proof door handles - you get into that garage and all up in that paint and cleaning supplies!

And one more for good measure...No mother-in-law telling you how to raise your kids!



*Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!

No comments: