Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #65

#65 A Pox Be Upon Thee Insurance Company!

Did I ever tell you about the time that the Dr thought they would have to do a hysterectomy on me due to a large mass in my uterus?  I left the office worried and tearful.  A few days later, after a long and exhausting day at work, I got a phone call at home.  It was my friendly insurance company calling to congratulate me on my pregnancy!  They wanted to give me information about the area birthing centers and make sure all my questions were answered regarding all the medical care I would be needing in the next 9 months.



It was so ridiculous it made me laugh.  Struggling to catch my breath I kindly told her that her information was wrong and I, in fact, was about to - possibly- never have a baby.  Oops.

Did I ever tell you about the other time, a few weeks after that?  When I had a barrage of new tests (MRI, ultrasound, blood work) all trying to determine what kind of mass I had?  Of course the Dr said he would call me if anything looked out of the ordinary.  I never got a call from the Dr's office but I DID get a call from my friendly insurance company.  This time they wanted to assign me a nurse case manager to help get me through the extensive cancer treatment and chemotherapy I would need in the next few months, they also wanted to set me up with therapist in case I needed someone to talk to during this difficult time.



It was so ridiculous it made me cry.  Struggling to catch my breath I kindly told her that her information was wrong and I, in fact, was told nothing of the sort by my Dr. Double Oops!

And now it is just a funny story to tell, so I guess...thanks friendly insurance company!



*Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!

1 comment:

Sharee and Arthur said...

Ha! Love the face palm pictures. ;)