Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #63

#63 Mask of Preggo (get it?  Like Zoro but...never mind)



Who doesn't love a good mask?  I like masks.  Mud masks are good!  Cream hydrating masks? Oh yeah! I've had peppermint masks, cucumber masks, even an avocado mask.  And I couldn't have enjoyed them more.

But never, until now, have I had a Pregnancy Mask.  Now before you pop off an acrylic nail pounding your "Congratulations" out on the keyboard I AM NOT PREGNANT.

I've have been getting this all-over darkening of the skin on my face in patches so I went to the dermatologist who told me, "Silly you've got pregnancy mask!  It will calm down once you have the baby."  I AM NOT PREGNANT.  "Oh. - awkward pause - well, it's not that you looked pregnant it is just that it is usually associated with pregnancy hormones....have you been on hormones lately?"  Looks at my chart.  "Oh yes.  Well that will do it!"

Apparently the hormones they gave me before my surgery 2 years ago, and then the hormones they gave me to restart my period, and then the hormones they gave me to try and help me get pregnant have convinced my face that I am pregnant, even though, I AM NOT PREGNANT.  Funny right?  Well, not funny ha-ha but funny I'm going to go eat a gallon of ice cream and cry into my pillow funny.

HERE is a link to some great make at home facial masks.

*Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!

1 comment:

Sharee and Arthur said...

pregnancy mask? bummer! so do you just wait it out?