Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #61

#61  The Fertility Diet




There are lots of so-called "Fertility Diet" books out there.  Books touting fertility increase by eating

full fat dairy,
no dairy,
only vegetables,
only meats,
books telling you to avoid cold or hot foods depending on your body type,
books making you do MATH to figure out what to eat (What the what?!?),
books telling you to eat off of only ceramic or only stainless steel,
no sugar,
no sweets,
no fun!

You mean to tell me, that I need to eat crazy food, take crazy hormone medicine, keep a crazy journal of my basal body temps and then stay happy and multiply?  Not. A. Chance.  It is just setting myself up for failure. One of my fellow infertiles summed it up nicely when she said she is tired of feeling like a test subject. Always experimented on, poked, prodded and examined.  Stop the insanity!!   Books like The Infertility Cleanse, Fertility Diet: Increase Your Chances of Getting Pregnant, and the uber creatively named The Fertility Diet may help someone, somewhere but can't they at least put a little more creativity into the titles?   Maybe give us a title we might actually want to buy?  Maybe something like...

Chocolate Covered Potato Chips:  The Couch Potatoes Guide to Eating to Conceive

Ice, Ice, Baby:  How to Eat All Frozen Foods and Get Pregnant

Jolly Green Giant: How to Hide Baby-Making Veggies in Your Husband's Food

I'm not saying eating healthy is bad, in fact, I think what you eat has a HUGE impact on your health, fertile or otherwise.  I'm just saying trying to be fertile can rule a life, does it have to take my cake too?



Here are some blogs about Diet and Fertility that I enjoy:

How Changing My Diet Changed My Fertility

Nourish Me: Fertility Diet for Him

The Fertility Kitchen


*Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hi, thanks for linking up to my blog. :) I have been enjoying peeking around yours and can so relate to your adventures in infertility. I'm sorry for your struggles. I definitely know how hard it can be at times! And it's really crazy how many products and "diets" are floating around out there, promising to deliver. I discovered something that worked for me purely by chance! I hope you find that thing too. All the best, Carrie