Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #57

#57 Spaghetti Uh-O's

Some people have it.  Some don't.

That ever useful, always in style, uber ability to decipher just what a toddler is trying to say.

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away I was watching my niece.  She was buckled in her high chair and I was singing every Disney song I knew for her while I prepared lunch for us.  She clapped and babbled along, saying a word or two when she knew it.   The picture of happiness.

Out of no where she began to cry and gesture to the cabinets repeating the same non-nonsensical rambling.

Try as I might, I could not understand what she wanted.

I tried to repeat what she was saying to help me figure out what she wanted (worst game of Mad Gab EVER).

I tried pulling things out of the cabinets to see if any of them would help soothe her.  After all, I was going for Aunt-of-the-Year here.

Nada.

With crocodile tears of frustration rolling down her cheeks, I called in back up.  Not sure what else to do and with no real faith that he could do any better than me, I called the Aussie in from his office to try and take a crack at it.

She repeated for him what she had been saying to me and pointed to the cabinets.  He walked to cabinet and handed me a can of Spaghetti O's.  She clapped with relief.



Then she turned to me and in her best scolding voice she said, "Therew is somfing wong witf you."

Hahaha.  Out of the mouths of babes.

*Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!

No comments: