Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #54

#54 And These People Get to Have a Baby...

Sometimes I walk around, in public, and can't help but wonder how so many stupid mean unfit *people* are having babies.  We try to be courteous, to be responsible, to be educated and we still come up short.

I know a girl who took all her diaper money and used it for cigarettes and booze and put paper towels wrapped in a plastic produce bag on the baby, her friends call her "The BEST mom I know."

How about "Octuplet Mom"?

What about all those women on Toddlers in Tiaras?

Don't even get me started on Honey Boo Boo's mom, who loves to pass gas in public.



Maybe we are going about this baby-making thing all wrong.

Maybe we need to spend a little less time at college lectures and reading and more time downing slurpees at the Wal-Mart?  When I say we have tried everything to conceive, I lied, we haven't tried that.  (I'm sticking my tongue out as I type this).







*Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!

1 comment:

Sharee and Arthur said...

I often think the same thing. When I look around at some of the crazies that have children, or who abort them, it is just SO unfair that people who would be great parents and who WANT children can't conceive. The other day I was leaving the store and overheard a mother swearing at her child who had asked for something to eat. My heart still hurts when I think of the ugly tone of her voice and if that's how she treats her kids in public, I don't want to think about what is going on at home. Nothing can make it better now. I just hold on to the truth that somehow the atonement will make up for all of the unfairness in this world.