Friday, April 25, 2014

Date Night Done Right: A's vs Ranger's Day Game @ Oakland

Another fantastic date!  On Wednesday the 23rd we drove out to Oakland to see the Ranger's play the A's.  I in my Rangers gear, Michael in his green and gold.  It was my first time at the park and I was so impressed with everything from the easy of getting to the Coliseum, to the fast parking (only $20!  Way cheaper than SF), to the friendly staff greeting you at the gates and the awesome kiosk where we got field level seats minutes before the first pitch for only $30!

Oh, and their selection of food was excellent (even though we packed a lunch) and it was reasonably priced.  They had roundtable pizza, philly cheesesteaks, BBQ ribs and steak, corn dogs, hot dogs, fried chicken, burritos, garlic fries, nachos - you name it they had it.

I would go again in a heartbeat!  It was such fun day.  My favorite part was having so many staff members say, "Welcome to the ballpark Texas!  Hope you have a good game!"  What nice people.

 It was a beautiful day for a ball game!
 He loves me even though I rooted for the Rangers.
 They had classic player races - fun but not as funny as the Brewer's Weiner Races.
 Ranger's pitcher Martin Perez pitched all 9 innings - he was awesome!

No comments: