Mark your calenders...the first Sunday in May is apparently...
National Infertility Survival Day, Sunday May 4, 2014
"National Infertility Survival Day®, and it’s celebrated annually the first Sunday in May, the Sunday before Mother’s Day.
National Infertility Survival Day® was founded eight years ago by Beverly Barna, to recognize those women as she puts it, “who sit crying and praying silently in the pews on Mother’s Day, while those around them exalt the moms they wish so deeply they can become.” It’s a day set aside to honor those women who have suffered through failed conceptions, miscarriages, still-births, and adoptions that fell through."
Sounds like fun to me!!
Which follows on the heels of National Infertility Awareness Week, and means we get to eat chicken...because they have eggs??
- Register at Infertiles R Us
- Have a BBQ ...wiener roast and deviled eggs
- Play Pin-the-Ovary-On-the-Uterus
- Have a pinata filled with with infertility prediction tests
- Sit around the firepit regaling your friends and family with your adventures in Infertility
and your cat stories Prepare for Mother's Day the following weekend
- Have friends bake you and your husband a cake and sing "Happy National Infertility Survival Day" to you while you blow out the candles
Other Important Holidays to Mark on Your Calendars:
*Laughter is the best medicine right? Why not laugh at my infertility?! I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!