Wednesday, March 26, 2014

What's For Dinner Wednesday: Carrots Supreme


Carrots Supreme!

I love this recipe.  Carrots are so affordable and delicious.  However, with all the added cheese and butter these aren't the healthiest of veggie sides, so eat sparingly.

Ingredients:

4 cups sliced carrots
1/4 C mayo
2 tsp melted butter
1/4 C french fried onions
1/4 white onion minced
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350

In medium stock pot, simmer carrot slices in water until fork tender but not mushy.

Meanwhile, in medium mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients.  Stirring well to combine.

Drain carrots and place in oven proof casserole dish

Top with onion-cheese-mayo mixture.  

Bake, uncovered at 350 for 15 minutes, until sauce is bubbling and starting to brown on top. Season with Salt and pepper and fresh chopped parsley never hurt anybody ;)

{Quotes to Cook By}

“In my first video diary I explained my love for women who have a taste in carrots. Since then, I have received plenty of carrots. Now I also have a keen interest in women who like Lamborghinis.” 
― Louis Tomlinson

"I'm Irish so I'm used to the odd stew.  I can take it.  Just throw a bunch of carrots and onions in there and I'll call it dinner."
-Liam Neeson

"The man in the moon drinks claret, But he is a dull Jack-a-dandy; Would he know a sheep's head from a Carrot He should learn to drink cider and brandy." Song of Mad Tom in Midsummer Night's Dream.
-William Shakespere


No comments: