Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #28

#28 Things Said By My Surgical Staff

Can I first just say that my surgical staff were wonderful?!  Because they were!  The best part about them was that they had a sense of humor.  Nothing puts this infertile at ease more than a funny person.  I appreciate all of you and your amazing care!

So an infertile, a pregnant woman and a rabbi walk into a hospital.... just kidding ;)

Ahem.

THINGS SAID BY MY SURGICAL STAFF

Anesthesiologist:  Have you ever had surgery before?
Me: No
Anesthesiologist: Have you ever taken any drugs?
Me: No
Anesthesiologist:  Do you drink alcohol?
Me: No
Anesthesiologist: Well, do you take any medications?
Me: No
Anesthesiologist leans in and smiles big, making his eyes just tiny slits behind his glasses and says, "You are what we like to call a 'Cheap Date' "  and he laughs a big laugh, "because it won't take much to knock you out!"  Hahaha!

And me, feeling small in my giant hospital gown, in my giant hospital bed, hooked up to my IV at 6 in the morning, with no makeup on, laughed and felt like I was big enough to handle this, that I was going to be okay.

OR Nurse:  Wake up sweetie.  Wake up.  You have to wake up.
Me:  Hi.
OR Nurse: How are you feeling?
Me:  Great! (It was a lie, in my next breath I vomited.)
Me:  (Nurse starts to leave)  WAIT!  How many people saw me naked?!  (You think by now I would not be so concerned about this.)
OR Nurse:  (Laughing)  Well all of them sweetheart!
********************Elapsed time a few hours?  Or maybe 10 minutes***********************
OR Nurse:  Wake up sweetie.  You have to try and wake up.
Me:  Hi
OR Nurse:  How are you feeling?
Me:  How many people saw me naked?
OR Nurse: Bahahahahaha!!!
Me: What's so funny?


 *Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!

No comments: