Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #25

#25 Field Trippin' to the Fertility Dr.



If your are going to the lady-parts Dr, if you are going to be pantsless and paper gowned, if there will be awkward spreading and lots of personal questions make sure you bring a friend or two on the Magical Mystery Tour!!  'Cause what could be more fun than adding a few familiar faces to the usual gaggle of medical gawkers?

A while back, when I was in the midst of Fibroidgate, I was lucky? lucky to have a lot of supportive friends and my ever supportive hubby who were interested in what was going on.  A time or two I took them with me to my appointment.  My favorite memories from these visits include:
  • My friend chucking the uterus model at my husband and telling him to "think fast" - he barely caught it.  A fun game of catch ensued.
  • My husband, using one of the oversized cotton swabs (you know the ones that look like they could be used as a gladiator stick?  What do they use those things for anyway?) to mime cleaning out his ears and using it as a mic to sing me a song he made up about being in the Dr's office.
  • The Dr.,  mid pelvic exam, asking if my husband was in the waiting room, then leaving the room and fetching him so they could talk sports while he finished up his exam. 
  • Once a co-worker happened to be having an appointment in the same office and overheard the nurse giving me the standard sample cup for a urine pee test, she promptly told everyone at work that I was pregnant (which of course I wasn't).  Love those moments when I get to disappoint everyone without even trying.
I don't often bring anyone with me to my appointments, I know it is hard to believe reading about all the fun we've had together (I'm sticking my tongue out as I type this).  I don't bring anyone else because I don't want them to fret and worry over me and if the Dr says something that makes me want to cry I don't want anyone else to see it.  I don't want people to feel sorry for me or to worry about me. So if you are lucky? lucky enough to be invited on this magic bus you should jump aboard and bring Sgt. Pepper and all of his Lonely Heart's Club Band because unlike some people they know how to behave at the lady-parts Dr.

Below is a picture of them at my last appointment.   Just look at those expressions.  Ha hahaha  : )



 *Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!

No comments: