I have heard
Sometimes, when people love each other, they can still disagree. So don't worry if your FHE turns out to be a brawl, it happens to the best of us. In the immortal words of Dori, "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming!" and you will get where you need to be.
The Activity: Random Acts of Kindness! Be the answer to someone's prayers. This activity is inspired by a blog post I read from a woman who did 38 random acts of kindness for her 38th birthday. You can read about her experience here. The act can be simple or grande, just look for opportunities - they are all around you. Go and bring some sunshine to someone's day!
Some of my favorites from her list are...
4. Inconspicuously dropped coins on the playground for children to find while they played (my girls are really good at this apparently. No, no one choked on a random found penny. Yes, LOTS of squeals of delight floated through the air as we walked away!)
8. Bought a gift card for groceries and turned around and handed it to woman in line behind me. I wasn’t prepared for the look on her face. I immediately left before I started to cry.
10. Dropped off several hand written thank you notes and doughnuts at the police station.
16. Tucked happy notes in car doors in parking lot wishing people a good day full of God’s blessings.
22. Taped change to vending machines (I actually saw passersby stop and take pictures of the machines without taking the money).
25. Delivered handwritten Valentine cards to the local assisted living facility.
31. Wrote a letter to old friend and mailed it (yeah, the total old fashioned way).