Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #21

#21 Facebook Faux Pas

A few months ago my sweet husband "liked" someone's wacky post and got a private message from them back saying something like:

                     This is a facebook game!  You liked my post now you have to choose a wacky phrase from                          the list below and make it your status update - without any other explanation.  Message this                          to whomever likes your post.  Keep the secret and keep everyone guessing!

Not wanting to offend my husband searched through the list for something unoffensive that people would know was NOT true.

Before I tell you what he chose let me tell you why he chose it.  According to him, he picked it because it couldn't possibly be true - no MAN could be what the post suggested therefore everyone would know it was just a joke.

** love you honey**

He chose...

Drum roll please...

"I never thought it could happen to me, but it did!  I am pregnant!"

(Do you see?  He thought people would know HE, a man, could NOT ever be pregnant.  It was an honest mistake.)

Guess how many emails and FB messages I got with heartfelt congratulations?  Too many to count.

It was a crazy few minutes before I realized what had happened and why people were "weeping with joy" for us.  I may have screamed I screamed a "Howard Dean Scream" and calmly asked him to delete the post.

I may or may not have snuggled with Ben and Jerry and the Hubby that night as I replied to all those emails and messages (they are all great snugglers! Especially that Cherries Garcia).

Once again I was humbled by how many people are wishing and hoping right along with us.  I hope we don't disappoint you!

 *Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!

No comments: