Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

"Life is about courage and going into the unknown."





Based on the 1939 short story by James Thurber, Walter Mitty is a regular guy working hard to take care of everyone.  His only escape is daydreaming about an alter-egoed, adventurous self.  Shot on location in New York, Los Angels and Iceland, this heart warming and inspiring film is also beautiful to behold.   Not a curse word, off-color joke, bit of innuendo, nudity or vulgarity to be found in this PG rated flick (although he does say the d-i-c-k word twice). 

This movie spoke to my soul.  I don't know about you but I dream of doing spontaneous, adventurous things.  As I watched this story unfold on the big screen I could not keep the smile off of my face.

1 comment:

Sharee and Arthur said...

I've been wanting to see this one . . .