Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday's Matter: Indian Leg Wrestling

At our house, and millions of others around the globe, Monday nights are reserved for family time.  A Family Home Evening (FHE)!  We feel like being silly makes everything more fun so we often start by welcoming each other out to Family Home Evening.  We begin as we start to cook dinner  It goes a little something like this...

Me: I would like to welcome everyone out to Family Home Evening tonight (as I look around at my husband and our cat Sirius).

Him:  (My hubby rushes in to interrupt) We will have an opening prayer given by my lovely wife!

Me:  (To which I reply)  Followed by a spiritual thought given by my husband!

Him:  But first!  An opening song! (we randomly select a song we may or may not know and sing it acapella)

*Note: it is important to get the drop on your spouse so that you can throw them off and make them bless them with the harder responsibilities of the night. ;)

I always have a backup plan just in case.  Here is what's up for tonight's FHE:

A little Scripture Study and discussion:

    Enos 1:2. A Wrestle before God

    Enos praying
  • Enos did not wrestle with God. The record states that Enos wrestled before God in prayer. Such wrestling is the struggle to find and express one’s real desires under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Praying in this manner requires that a person eliminate vain, trite, or insincere repetitions and to pour the deepest desires of his or her heart into words. Each phrase becomes an expression of yearning and desire to do God’s will. Such prayers are assisted and guided by the Holy Spirit, “for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered” (Romans 8:26)


And for the Activity:  I give you INDIAN LEG WRESTLING!!!!!!




This is going to be EPIC!

3 comments:

Sharee and Arthur said...

sweet! indian leg wrestling? I should copy your FHE because my boys would be all over that indian leg wrestling.

McEntire Family said...

Yes we may just use this tonight Amber! My kids will love the activity and we need some help with our vain repetitions! Thanks!

Laura said...

Awesome! Absolutely Awesome!!!