Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #11

#11 No I'm Not Pregnant, I just have Salmonella

Gone are the days when you could have explosive diarrhea in private.  Now anytime you are sick people assume you are pregnant.

You are sweaty with fever? Congratulations you are "Glowing"!

You have a headache?  Congratulations I (over involved co-worker) got headaches when I was pregnant!

You have athlete's foot?  Stop exercising because you must be pregnant!

You have the sniffles?  Paging Dr. Google - You could be pregnant!!!

Mention that you wanna lay down and take a nap? Whoa there preggo!!

But really, you are not any better than they are.  Why just last month you had a rank case of stomach flu (or was it food poisoning?) and the whole time you were "driving the porcelain bus" you were thinking to yourself, "Self, This is it!!  Morning middle of the night sickness!!"  As you counted back the days in your head to see if you had timed your ovulation correctly.

 *Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!

No comments: