Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Adventures in Infertility #1

#1 Suggestion Box for the Infertility Office

A few helpful suggestions for your fertility office:


  • You should think about opening up a See's Candy Store or therapist's office next door to your clinic.
  • When calling me to give me my pregnancy results, don't call my home number and leave a message to "call you back", on a Friday at 4:59pm, when I am at work and won't get the message until after you have left for the weekend.
  • Any staff members who say, "Just relax and then it will happen" or, my personal favorite, "I have a friend who got pregnant after  (insert number here) years" should be given 30 lashes let go from the office.
  • Please do not repeat the following scenario...

Dr enters room.  
Dr: "So you are not pregnant" 
Me: "Yup."  
Dr: "You want to try again?"
Me: "Yes."

Dr leaves room.  Charges $450 for visit.

  • Separate waiting rooms for those who are pregnant and awaiting their ultrasounds and those who are NOT and are waiting for their ultrasounds. "So when are you due?" =  Bursts into tears = Big ol' pile of awkward.
  • If you can't get me pregnant, please give me a full refund.

Thank you for your kind consideration!

*Laughter is the best medicine right?  Why not laugh at my infertility?!  I do not mean to offend with any of these posts, it is just a way to let go a little and see the humor in our situation. Please laugh with me!


2 comments:

Laura said...

Totally agree with everything on this list. Maybe a cold stone next door too.

Sharee and Arthur said...

funny! great suggestions. :)