Monday, January 6, 2014

1 Small Step for Mankind...4,737 Feet From the Valley Floor

A few years ago I read The Nonrunner's Marathon Guide for Women. "Dawn Dais hated running. And it didn't like her much, either. Her fitness routine consisted of avoiding the stairs in her own house, because who really has the energy to climb stairs?" Hilarious book but I didn't relate to it much because I was in really good shape. I took 4 aerobics classes a week, swam every other day and was not working so I could spend as much time as I wanted planning and preparing meals. Fast forward a few years, I am working full time, with very little free time after work, and I haven't exercised at ALL since my surgery last year. I think I've been scared to push myself too far. That is why, this summer, I am preparing to hike...wait for it...HALF DOME. For the first time E-V-E-R.

The first step.  Get off the couch.  I'll let you know how that one goes.
Oh, and Michael, he is preparing to do a 50 miler with the Boy Scouts this summer.
Heaven Help Us

2 comments:

Steve said...

Although I never undertook that challenge, I am sure nonetheless that it will be the thrill of a lifetime Amber !!

Sharee and Arthur said...

Nice guys! I've only done half dome once and it was amazing. I'm excited for you!!