Monday, May 6, 2013

HAWAII 2013

Every year for my birthday my husband has given me the same card. It has a beautiful beach scene on the front. It says, "For your birthday, how would a nice Hawaiian vacation sound?" and when you open it it plays luau music. He always writes the same thing. "This is the year." Well this year, 2013, was THE year! We actually went to Hawaii. It was a spur of the moment decision and the memories will bring us joy for years to come.
View from our suite at the Ilikai on the 24th floor, our hotel room was an upgrade because of undisclosed construction at the Park Shore Waikiki.  Big shout out to Aqua management for takin' care of business!
Our room was HUGE and it came with a gift basket of goodies and a call from the Park Shore manager to make sure everything was to our liking.
We had an ocean view and a city view depending on where you were standing in the room.  It was beautiful at night.
the Ilikai lobby and hotel on the marina/beach side of the building.
a pic for our friend Scott who loves the DQ
Snap decision to take a catamaran ride, $20 per person for an hour.  It was amazing!
Dinner at Benihana
We spent Sunday Morning (Superbowl morning) at Pearl Harbor.  It was a life altering experience.  Such a beautiful place filled with history.  We stood for a long time pondering all that had taken place on that hallowed ground.
We swam so much in Hawaii!  The beach was right outside our hotel room.  Everywhere you looked was something beautiful.  I am so grateful to my husband for taking me to Hawaii.  We laughed and danced, we sang and swam and we ate (my goodness we ate so much good food!).  It was perfect!

2 comments:

Sharee and Arthur said...

yahoo!!! I'm so glad you guys got to go!

Tamara Lyn said...

Sounds awesome! I can't wait to go with just my honey and me one day. :D It's definitely worth the money!