Monday, May 28, 2012

Red, White and Beautiful

I was in the mood to sew and used the same measurements from the previous bag to make this new red, white and blue bag. I also sewed my very first pocket!
I love this selection of fabrics and have started on my first quilt with them.  Hopefully I'll finish sometime soon and will post the results.  I am so enthralled by the quilts on Cluck Cluck Sew I thought I would give it a go.

Micheal bought me this self healing cutting mat and rotary cutter which I used to make the sweet banner below...
It is just 9" x 9" x 7" triangles of fabric sewn together and  then attached to double fold wide bias tape I picked up at JoAnn's.  I love it!  And I love the new ceramic Owl Michael bought me.  He brought me a teal duck a few years ago that I am fond of as well.


1 comment:

Sharee and Arthur said...

Darling purse and banner, Amber. And guess what? My sister Jenny is a close friend of the Cluck Cluck Sew blogger. She does some really cute stuff!