Monday, May 28, 2012

Modesto Friend's Book Group Bags

Moloka'i  by Alan Brennert is our book group book for the month of May.  I belong to an amazing book group.  We all take turns choosing books and everyone has such different interests and reading preferences we get to read and discuss lots of different topics.  We always have fun talking about books we love and having a treat to go along with the book.  This month we are having a pool party for book discussion night!

I made these bags for everyone.  They say "I Like Big Books And I Cannot Lie" and then on the back...

They have a quote from a book that each person liked  - I loved this one, " I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" from The Prisoner of Azkaban (you are so clever Cindy!).  I hope they like them!  I wanted to replace each plain handle with this cute fabric I found but ran out of time.  I think I'll offer to do it for anyone who wants to leave their bag with me for a few days after book group.
My amazing friend Kristi keeps a list of the books we've read on her blog.  If you are looking for a good read we always have one.

3 comments:

Mo-Reen said...

I always enjoy your posts. Those bags are super cute! I wish I were in your book club!

Sharee and Arthur said...

Wow, what a thoughtful gift, Amber! I wish I was in your book club too! You are amazing.

Kat said...

Amber those bags are so cute! Love your craftiness :)