Monday, August 22, 2011

Greetings From Indiana

It was a Super Saturday here in Indianapolis. Michael took me out to the Indiana State Fair (This year's theme was "The Year of the Soybean") :)

Below are some of our favorite Home Economics Entries:


For some reason these three painted gourds cracked Mike up. It was hilarious to see!

The fashion show below gave us both a good chuckle. It was a 4-H fashion show with amazing clothes the girls had sewn themselves, set to the music of the sweet old lady on the organ in the bottom right of the photograph. She was playing lots of hymns and funeral-type marches for the girls to walk down the runway to.


We indulged ourselves with a few of our favorite fair food treats including corn dogs, fried dill pickles and lemon shake-ups as well as multiple cups of delicious chocolate milk from the milk barn. We also visited the livestock barns - the draft horses were phenomenal! After that we took a ride around the fair on the soybean oil powered tractor ride for 75 cents a person.

We skipped the midway rides but we did visit the Germany village exhibit complete with garden gnomes - which also made Mikey laugh (and that made me laugh).


After a morning at the State Fair, Michael took me downtown to the Canal District for a paddle boat ride. Along the way we saw Lucas Oil Stadium (the home of this year's Super Bowl).
The paddle boat canal goes right through downtown and is about a mile and a half one way. We had so much fun sight seeing and paddling along in the heat. Here are some of the things we got to see...










I know what you are thinking! How can a day like this get better? We thought it was perfect until we passed the Chicken Limo on our way home! I wonder who rents that thing?

I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who misses me when I am away, who takes me out for creative dates and still makes me laugh every day! Mikey, just being with you makes everything more fun.

2 comments:

Sharee and Arthur said...

Holy cow! That chicken limo is killing me. I would hire it. ;)

Kat said...

Oh I miss you guys, you always know how to have s good time. You better be back in Modesto for Christmas/New Years!!