Monday, August 22, 2011

Fun In The Sun

Last week Michael got to go to Atlanta for work and I got to go back to California for a visit. It was so good to be out of the humidity and among friends and family. Here are some of my adventures....

Prop-plane ride from San Fran to Modesto Airport. I was so happy to have a window seat!
I got to weed and harvest our garden (which had gone wild while we've been in Indy). I bagged about 5 one-gallon bags of peppers and 4 of tomatoes. We also harvested some strawberries and mini pumpkins. The larger pumpkins are growing up the grape vines and should be ripe in time for carving!
My dad took me fishing at Clark's Fork...
My cousin Jenny and her family came along. It was so much fun!


I used Mike's tackle box and pole - I lost two lures in the swift, tree strewn water but...
I caught 4 fish - 2 of which were large enough to keep! Oh-yeah!
My niece Novalee and nephew Braylon came over for a hike down by the creek and a dip in the pool.
I spent Tuesday at the temple. It was a lovely day and I was so proud of myself for driving all the way there without getting lost that I treated myself to In-and-Out Burger on my way home.

The Ricks invited me over for their "Shark Week" party! It was awesome! Themed food and lots of amazing "Shark Week" shows! I loved the watermelon shark head fruit salad with blue jello for water and whipped cream for foam. Gail is so creative!

The family also took a trip to the Sunsplash Waterslides in Roseville. We met up at the Lodi Airport and arrived just in time to watch people skydive. The waterslides were more fun than I remembered. We all wish Michael could have come with us on all our adventures. Everyone kept asking when he was coming home. It was wonderful to be back in California but everything would have been more fun with Michael around. We missed you Mikey!


1 comment:

Sharee and Arthur said...

Amber, it sounds like you had such a great time with your family and friends! I love that sharkhead carved out of watermelon. AWESOME! And I am so impressed that you caught 4 fish! I have never caught a fish in my entire life.