Saturday, October 23, 2010

Just Us and Our Jack-o-Lanterns

What a beautiful day to carve our Jack-0-Lanterns! It is rainy and cool in Modesto today and Michael and I took advantage of an hour of down-time before the Giants vs Phillies game got underway to have a little Halloween fun...
These babies came straight from our garden!

I love squishing my hands around inside the pumpkin - it feels so goopy!
For mine, I decided to go with a "G" (for the Giants?!)
Michael decided to etch out a cool design we found online...


Don't they look cool? I love Mike's etching!!


And when the carving was all over we roasted the pumpkin seeds. The perfect snack for the Giants game!
Let's Go Giants! Let's Go!!

2 comments:

Vera said...

can i come live at your house? LOL i want you for my mommy you do such fun stuff! Even grew your own pumpkins...you guys rock! Next year we are determined to grow our own pumpkins!!

Sharee and Arthur said...

I love your pumpkins, guys! they turned out great, and they are so perfectly shaped. I am ever impressed with your garden produce. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!