Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Summer's Final Curtain Call

With tomorrow being the Autumnal Equinox, Michael and I decided to try out a new tradition...
Cocoa Sunset!

I am forever concerned with traditions in our home. We haven't been able to have a family of our own (yet) and I sometimes feel like we miss out on a lot of family traditions. I don't want life to pass us by without being able to enjoy some sense of tradition so today Mike and I decided to watch the final sunset of summer on the lawn while enjoying some hot chocolate (it was actually fairly breezy and cool outside).
We talked about the things we experienced this summer and we each took a turn saying one thing we loved about this summer:

Mike - Doug and Aly's Wedding...
Amber - sitting club level at the Giants game for the first time.

Goodbye Summer 2010!

2 comments:

Sharee and Arthur said...

Very cool tradition! I love the sunset pictures and also thinking about favorite parts of summer . . .

We can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving!

Vera said...

Amber, because i have totaly faith that you WILL one way or another, have kids and be a mom, I think you are going to be the most prepared mom on the planet! I wish i had so many things like traditions, thought out before having kids. It's impossible to try to think up things like that in the middle of snotty noses, help with homework, crying baby, tantruming two year old....you'll already have them calendared well in advance....such an awesome idea! and what a great sunset it was too, and amazing weather! you two are so great together :)