Monday, July 26, 2010

Going Out With A Bang

Here are some pics from my uncle Brian's retirement par-tay!

He is an amazing guy! More than 300 people came out to wish him well and boogie down with him as he retired from the police force. His fellow officers told the funniest stories about his career in law enforcement...

Uncle Brian (Cliff) with his sister (my auntie) Kathy


Mike and I decked out in our luau party wear :)

Kat and (my cousin) Allyson were the (Wal-Mart) greeters for the evening...



Food, food and yep you guessed it, more food...





Some of his co-workers put together an 18 minute slide show of his life and his career - it was hilarious and touching. They got the best video of him dancing to his cell phone ring tone (he's famous for his crazy dancing - I think it runs in the family...)

Kat and I and Aunt Kathy and I


My cousin Roland, Kathy and Roland's girlfriend Sam

My dad and his date for the evening

They hired an amazing live band to play for the night. Everyone danced until well past midnight and we even got to sing with the band (Last Dance with Mary-Jane)!
It was a crazy, fun-filled night full of family and friends but the best part was that we were all able to show our love and appreciation to a man who has made a difference in so many lives. Happy Retirement Uncle Brian!!

No comments: