Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner
Best roast chicken I've had in a while, easy to prepare and only one dish to wash! That Martha Stewart, she really knows her chicken :)
* 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, halved
* 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 1 package cut-up whole chicken (about 3 pounds)
* 1 bunch asparagus (1 pound), trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
* 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
* 6 sprigs fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Place potatoes and half the butter in a roasting pan; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing once, until potatoes are golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Place chicken, skin side up, on top of potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Roast until chicken begins to brown, about 20 minutes.
3. Scatter asparagus, lemon, remaining butter, and thyme around chicken. Roast until asparagus is tender and chicken is opaque throughout, 5 to 15 minutes. Serve chicken, vegetables, and lemon drizzled with pan juices.