Monday, June 21, 2010

Black Bart, Windhorse and Peach Italian Soda

Saturday Michael and I took a little road trip to Sutter Creek to visit with family. My aunt was playing with her band "Windhorse" at the Black Bart Days. Some other family had driven down to see her and meet us there.
The restaurant where she was playing had trivial pursuit cards at all the tables - oodles of fun! And Michael and I shared a delicious peach Italian soda.
Aunt Kathy with Connie playing one of their original folk songs. Below is her brother Brian, my uncle who hails from Redding, California where he just retired from his job as a police detective after many years.

The town staged lots of old-west style shoot outs during the day as well as some fun demonstrations. The best part? Getting to spend a few hours with Michael!

3 comments:

Scott and Kim said...

wow look at all that small town culture! what fun!

Vera said...

that looks like some good ol fun! and dang you and Mike make such a cute couple...you always look so amazing in every picture! It's funny your uncle is from Redding, Adam and I lived in Redding for a while when we first got married....feels so long ago lol

Tawny said...

LOL, hey maybe your Uncle remembers me-- in 2008 I was arrested in Redding. I WISH I were kidding....