Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Muffins with Maple Glaze

So I had some left-over canned pumpkin from this winter that I wanted to use up. I found an interesting recipe online and decided to try it.

PUMPKIN PIE MUFFINS WITH MAPLE GLAZE

1 (15oz) can pumpkin
1 box of spice cake mix or bran muffin mix (as long as it has cinnamon in it)

roasted pumpkin seeds (shelled - just the seed, from bulk bins in "healthy" isle)

1 cup powdered sugar
maple syrup

Directions:

1. Mix pumpkin and box mix together. Spoon into muffin cups. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top of each muffin. Bake as directed on box.

2. Allow muffins to cool completely. Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with about 1/4 cup maple syrup - or enough to form a glaze. Glaze cupcakes and enjoy.

These cupcakes had the taste and moist consistency of pumpkin pie. More of a fall flavor but still yummy.

3 comments:

Breeana said...

Wow... they sound super good. The seeds sprinkled on top is a different touch... (not that I would know... I can barely boil water... okay I'm really not THAT bad)

Andy & Mindy said...

Yummm... I'm always looking for something new to try out in the kitchen! Thanks Amber!!!

Scott and Kim said...

just so you know, when you make ANYTHING with pumpkin in it.. you need to call ME!!!