Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Early Morning Helaman

The blessings just keep coming! Last week I had the opportunity to sub in early morning seminary. We studied Helaman! For someone who joined the church their senior year in high school and only got to attend one year of seminary I was a little intimidated and slightly overwhelmed but completely thankful for this amazing experience.

Here are some of the young men in the class. They were a crack-up. Do you see the red-headed boy above? (red backpack on) That's Morgan. Mike and I have had the privileged of knowing him and his siblings since most of them were little. What a great guy! And super family!!

I was having so much fun with the class (there are almost 20 sophmores in the class) that I forgot to take pictures and shot a few after class was over and they were enjoying some homemade cinnamon rolls. I was so grateful to know so many of the kids. Mike and I have had the chance to serve with the youth in many wards for a long time and it was nice to have so many familiar and loved faces (I'd had a few of the kids in sunbeams when Mike and I were first married) to greet me each morning. The class was funny and thoughtful, and completely awesome! I am so appreciative of the testimony I have of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for the scriptures that testify of Him and of His ministry upon the earth and for a living prophet today who lead and guides this church. I know that their is no other way, except through the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that we can return unto our Father in Heaven. What a great testimony strengthener seminary is!

2 comments:

Vera said...

wow, kids you had as sunbeams are now in high school, that's a little weird, now that i think back to when i taught sunbeams sheesh those kids would be in high school too...scary!!

Sharee and Arthur said...

I bet you did a great job, Amber!