Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day of Service

Yo Ho, Yo Ho A Pirates Life For Me!! That is what I whistled while we worked. A few weekends ago we had the opportunity to serve our community by giving a day to Habitat for Humanity.


Mike, my dad and I all volunteered through the Disney "Give a Day Get a Day" service program. In exchange for our day of felling trees, digging out stumps, mowing, raking and sunny attitudes we received lunch and free one day passes to Disneyland.


I was very impressed with the Habitat organization. I learned a little bit about how they select families for the houses they build/restore and all the service those families must contribute before they are allowed to buy the home (hundreds and hundreds of hours). It was wonderful to spend the day together, improving our community and getting a FREE ticket for The Happiest Place On Earth.

1 comment:

Sharee and Arthur said...

Wow! Great job giving back, you guys! And hey, I wouldn't snub my nose at free passes to Disneyland. When's the big vacation?