Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mmmm...Butterscotch Rolls

After swimming today I came home to a freezing house (forgot to turn the heater back up before I left) and an empty house. I didn't feel like jumping right into homework or housework so I made some butterscotch rolls. They are like cinnamon rolls but without the cinnamon filling and with a butterscotch filling. Mike is not a fan of cinnamon in any form so I had to find alternatives. They smell so good hot out of the oven!

The recipe:

2 loaves of frozen Rhoades bread, thawed and risen.
1 pkg butterscotch pudding, instant
1/2 Cup of sugar
1/2 Cup of brown sugar
1 stick of melted butter

Roll out the risen loaves into a large rectangle

Mix the pudding mix, sugars and butter together to form a spread.

Spread onto the dough. Roll up and slice into 1 inch slices. Place into a prepared 9" x 13" prepared pan and let rise until doubled.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until centers are done.

Frost with cream cheese frosting if desired.

On to housework and homework!

1 comment:

Sharee and Arthur said...

Oh my goodness-they look amazing. I wish I could grab one through the computer screen. Love all the updates--I am still very jealous about your amazing garden! Those pumpkins look GREAT and all the flowers are beautiful! Love it!