Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Knitting With a Ball of Yarn Always Reminds Me of Nermal.

You know Nermal? From Garfield? She was always batting around a ball of yarn and Garfield always shipped her off to Abu Dhabi? Anyhoo....


This summer I decided to learn how to knit. I took a short course at the community college and it helped a little but what really helped was my friend Mercedes going over all the basics with me again. I started this scarf in July and I do a few rows a week. I'm almost finished! I need about 10 more rows and then I'll add the fringe on both ends. Voila! My first scarf. I'll post completed pics when I'm done :) It's a fun hobby but if I had to make all my clothes out of yarn I'd be in serious trouble.

1 comment:

Sharee and Arthur said...

Cool, Amber. Can't wait to see the finished product!