Monday, February 16, 2009

My Funny Valentine

Valentine's Day was also our Stake's Temple Day. What a great thing!! Michael and I, our friends Scott and Kim and Scott's Parents all carpooled to the temple in Oakland for the day. It was a wonderful reminder to me that the love Michael and I share is eternal.


We have been having a lot of storms in California lately and the coastal mountain range actually had snow on it - that is pretty rare.



Every part of Valentine's Day was fun.  Even the car ride to Oakland.  Kim drove because Scott has a knee injury so I got to ride shotgun and the boys got to goof off in the middle seats.

All the trees were in bloom around the temple.  The grounds look amazing.  We found an amazing spot to take pictures from, just behind the Beehive Clothing store is a little trail that overlooks the temple.  We got some pretty good pictures before the rain started to fall.







After the temple we all went to dinner at the Chipotle Grill.  Michael and I had never been there before so it was a real treat.  We were so grateful to Scott's parents for treating us all to dinner.



Ah...Michael after 9 years of bliss you still know how to show me a good time.  I love you!!

2 comments:

Scott and Kim said...

Yeah Amber and Mike.... we had so much fun hanging with you! You are great friends you big goofy kids!

Sharee and Arthur said...

That looks like such a great way to celebrate Valentine's! I love your pictures of the temple, and especially from that hill over-looking the temple. We love you guys!