Tuesday, February 3, 2009

29th Birthday Beach Bash

On my birthday this year Michael and I and some of our friends (Katherine, Aaron and Adam Ricks) rented a beach house together in Bodega Bay. We got a sweet deal. They already had a buy four nights get one free special but I told them it was my birthday and they gave me Saturday night (the most expensive night) for free! The house came with everything - linens, washer/dryer, pots, pans, stocked pantry, hot tub, big flat screen t.v. with dish network, jetted bath tubs beach supplies and beautiful ocean views! Michael and I got the second floor master suite with its own balcony over looking the water, a giant tub and huge shower - it was sweet! Michael made me a beautiful cake (strawberry with confetti frosting) and the Ricks brought me a chocolate cake. What fun! We spent at least a half an hour running through the house shouting for everyone to look at this cool thing or that cool thing, we explored the beaches, played in the surf, soaked in the hot tub, played board games and watched movies. Maybe the best birthday ever!!!

The beaches there are BEAUTIFUL!  Mikey spent so much time in the water his fingers were all pruney.
Michael suddenly remembered his Charlemagne...
They have excellent tide pools and Michael and I found some cool sea shells.
The gang about ready to frost my cake...it was delicious!
The amazing beach house.  It is the perfect beach house, beautiful and functional.
The view from "our" master suite.
The living room.  Michael was really excited about the dish network and flat screen t.v.

This kitchen was SO nice. We all had fun cooking in it (and eating dinner in the sunroom while the sun was setting over the ocean). What a great trip!

1 comment:

Sharee and Arthur said...

wow, that looks like such a blast! I'm jealous.
Love the Indiana Jones reference. Did he have his umbrella handy?