Sunday, August 17, 2008

JULY 2008

OUR HOME AT DAD'S HOUSE








MOVING
The Saturday I returned from Girls Camp, Michael and I moved everything but our furniture and clothes into a storage unit. The next Saturday we moved all the furniture to the storage unit and our bedroom stuff to my dad's house. It was sad to pack up everything (again). We can't wait until Michael is done with school and we can finally have a home of our own. In the meantime, we are having a fun time hanging out at dad's house.







GIRLS CAMP AT CLARK'S FORK
The week after the Trek I was off again for a week at Clark's Fork at Girls Camp. I was assigned to be the YL Counselor. Since I never attended Girls Camp as a youth (I didn't join the church until I was 18) it was really an super special experience. I had so much fun I forgot to take a single picture!

YM/YW TREK 2008
Michael and I were privileged to be part of the YM/YW Trek for 2008. On July 11th and
12th we were the "Grandparents" of 4 young men and 2 young women. As a family we pushed and pulled our handcart through 10 miles of high sierra wilderness (the forest fires were raging and the air was very smokey). Along the way we met Indians, lost our only baby and, at one point,lost all of the boys to the Mormon Battalion (the girls all battled to pull our 250lbs of goods up the last 1 mile hill before reaching out camp for the night). We had so much fun together. Each handcart was given a chicken - which we named "The Colonel" (as in K.F.C.). The kids were amazing, our little family was the fastest on the trail and they never murmured or complained. The stake presidency spoke with us on Friday night about the long trail to the temple and how important it was to push through our doubts and fears and all the obstacles and make the sacrifices necessary to meet this most worthy goal. It was such a great experience that I forgot to take a lot of pictures! How blessed we were to be a part of the Trek.





Early in July, Mikey and I helped my dad can about 48 quart jars of apricots and froze 25lbs of sliced peaches.



1 comment:

Sharee and Arthur said...

Hey, I didn't know you guys were doing trek too! That's awesome that we both got to go. I think it is such a great experience. Okay, gotta go. I think there is some mutiny happening upstairs.