Sunday, August 17, 2008

August 2008

We have had a wonderful, busy summer! Michael has been preparing to start Grad school on August 25th at Fresno State. Unfortunately, I have not found a job in Fresno so, for now, we will be living with my Dad and Mikey will stay with roommates in Fresno Monday - Friday and come home Friday afternoon. I miss him already! I have signed up for night classes to keep me occupied while he is gone. I only need 15 units to finish my degree (so 2 semesters of night classes).

We have had the chance to participate in many wonderful things this summer. Since Michael was called as Ward Mission Leader we have been able to spend time will all the new members and investigators in our ward. Michael is a great WML!

I feel like we have been so blessed. We know all of our blessings come from the Lord and we are thrilled to have the opportunity to be members of His church. What a splendid life this is!!

I haven't taken as many pictures of our activities as I should have (sorry Sharee :). Some of the stuff I missed was our trip out to the Stanislaus County Fair, planting and weeding our Stake Garden (it is huge!), our annual Ward FHE night and book club. Hope you enjoy the photos. I'll try to remember to take more.

AFTER CHURCH TODAY
Our niece Novalee and nephew Braylon spent the afternoon with us. They sure love their uncle Mikey!







10 YEAR JOHANSEN HIGH SCHOOL REUNION (CLASS OF 1998)
Saturday the 16th was my 10 year high school reunion. It was fun to see those who came. We sat with my friend Emily and her husband Brandon and my friend A.J. and his wife Joann (they came all the way from Salt Lake City).






CPR (CARDIO PULMONARY RESUSCITATION)
Michael and I just spent Saturday the 16th renewing our CPR certification for infants, children and adults. My aunt Kathy teaches CPR and did a special class for Michael and I and our friends Carolyn and Moe. We had a blast relearning our life saving skills on the dummies! Michael is so funny. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. (I brought the camera but didn't remember to take an pictures of the actual event).









NOVALEE'S 5TH BIRTHDAY
On August 8th, our niece turned 5. She had fun party at her home with a giant bounce house and lots of family. Michael and I had a great time in the bounce house. I can't believe she is going to start Kindergarten this year.









August 13th was the 9th anniversary of our engagement. Michael proposed to me on the beach at Half Moon Bay during the Perseid Meteor Shower. The original proposal happened to be on Friday the 13th, so now anytime Friday the 13th rolls around we try to do something kookie and fun together to commemorate the occasion. Thanks for marrying me Mikey!!! I still love you so much (you are the best ever!). The ladies at church always ask me if I laugh all day long (because Mikey is so funny) and I do - he always knows how to make me laugh.




3 comments:

Sharee and Arthur said...

I love that picture of Mikey sleeping with his little nephew on his lap. I can't believe you didn't get pictures at the Stanislaus county fair!!! You are forgiven, however, since you are at least keeping your blog current. :) Good job Amber. I hope you don't get too lonely without Mikey. You guys are so brave! It'll be worth it when you're both finished, though.

kristi said...

Amber and Mike,
Your blog looks great. I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed there's nothing about Breaking Dawn! We will be taking pictures at Time Out for Women next week so you'll have to post about it! I'm so glad you're coming. Take Care!

kristi said...

Feel free to add our blog to your list, if you want (hint hint). You can link to it from Stacey's blog.